A pivot table is a data summarization tool that can be used to summarize, analyze, explore and present your data.
Apr 29 2014 07:03 PM
APPLICATIONS OF PIVOT TABLES:
1) Summarizing data like finding the average sales for each region for each product from a product sales data table.
2) Listing unique values in any column of a table.
3) Creating a pivot report with sub-totals and custom formats.
4) Making a dynamic pivot chart.
5) Filtering, sorting, drilling-down data in the reports without writing one formula or macro.
6) Linking data sources outside excel and be able to make pivot reports out of such data.