Technologies change, upgrade and become obsolete with time. Technology has the characteristics of ‘Time’ – it waits for no one.
One of the hardest challenges for IT professionals is to keep themselves updated with the latest software technologies that they are asked to implement
in at a moment’s notice. Expecting that the industry will wait for people to acquire these skills through years of study is wishful thinking. Even after undergoing hours of training, professionals find it difficult to implement their skills in the real world. This happens because more importance is given to theory over practical applications in the academic setting – which is poles apart from the industry setting. Once you enter the industry, you realise how fast you need to upgrade your skills to stay afloat in the competitive market. You need an equally fast platform where you can learn and upgrade your skills through hands on practice.
Hackerday offers one such platform for IT professionals to enhance their problem solving abilities, on different technologies by working on projects.
Why is now the best time to learn about trending software technologies in -Big Data, Web Development and Mobile App Development?
- World needs better Data Scientists
Big data is making waves in the market for quite some time, there are several big data companies that have invested in Hadoop, NoSQL and data warehouses for collecting and storing big data .With open source tools like Apache Hadoop, there are organizations that have invested in millions for storing big data. It’s time for the investments to payoff through data science - by extracting knowledge from data.
Apache Hadoop has undoubtedly been the big elephant in the big data room - but to find an ideal solution with real-time business intelligence it needs to be combined with Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Kafka, and Flume in order to bring evolutionary changes in big data processing environments. This is not enough, having achieved blazingly fast real time processing, enterprises need to draw meaningful insights from the processed data.
Python and R programming are among the most powerful statistical computing languages as there are no statistical equations that cannot be calculated in Python and R. Companies are hiring data scientists at big bucks who can look at the data and say “This data is important. Check this trend.” The career opportunities and pay packages for data scientists are exploding and professionals need to keep pace with various data science programming technologies and programming languages like Python and R.
- Booming Mobile App Market
Smartphones have gone beyond the definition of gadgets by offering various multipurpose apps on the go. The booming usage of these services and data has opened up tremendous opportunities for web and mobile application developers. According to hiring managers, there is a shortage of skilled and talented mobile application developers with increasing number of companies bringing in their products and services to mobile users. The job opportunities for mobile application developers are expected to increase by 32% by 2020, resulting in 300,000 new jobs. The maximum share of these job opportunities will be in iOS and Android mobile app development as these characterize 90% of Smartphones users in US.
- Increasing Demand for Interactive Web Applications
The growth of interactive mobile applications, websites and social networks has increased exponentially year on year and so has the demand for skilled web developers.
According to Dice Salary Survey Report, the average pay for professionals with Angular.js skill is approximately $101, 208.The server side framework Node.js pay stands between $60,000 to as high as $140,000- Indeed.com.
Large enterprises have adopted Angular.js, Node.js, Ruby on Rails, Django, React, Meteor, etc. for developing interactive web applications which is driving the demand for skilled coders in these languages and frameworks. It is worth learning every new thing that comes along with these frameworks and languages as organizations look for best optimized and efficiently operating websites thereby increasing career opportunities.
It is a seller’s market and professionals need to master real time problem solving abilities to stay up to date with latest trends in various software technologies. Hackerday brings you a new platform to express your ideas, network with peer coders, web specialists, data nerds and various other technology professionals across the globe for a learning opportunity and fantastic networking-that will help you reflect your learning and ideas in your day-to-day job roles.
What is Hackerday?
Hackerday is about the best and brightest professionals across different nations pooling their knowledge and creative ideas - to focus on the trending technologies they would love to master. Hackerday is mix of teaching, coding, sharing and learning where coders and designers come together over a weekend to code in groups on various projects led by industry experts through online live coding sessions.
Hackerday will enhance your abilities to get up to speed quickly on trending software technologies related to Big Data, Web Application Development and Mobile App Development - by providing you a hands-on experience on Python, R, Apache Spark, Storm, Angular.js, Node.js, iOS programming in Swift, Android programming, etc.
How does Hackerday work?
- Every month you get to work on 2 projects. These can be done over a weekend. You can learn coding from the basics of a technology all the way to writing complex codes.
- Get assistance from industry experts while you devise a solution to a given problem.
- You get to work on the project you like on a given problem with a group of like-minded people.
- Get yourself rated by your peers to get a better understanding of your skills and competency levels. Receive feedback from peers or industry experts on the final submission of the code.
Why should you join Hackerday?
- Hackerday platform will create a “thinking environment” for professionals online. Most of the professionals work in a “doing environment” as they develop code that is established around what they do. This helps professionals create efficient applications but puts an end to the chances of improvement and creativity. Hackerday live online coding sessions will help you think how you could operate differently on -what’s happening, why it’s happening and what are the alternative to a given problem so that you can reach the desired outcome.
- A creative way to kick-start eLearning in design and development. Hackerday will get the creative juices flowing out of professionals by creating a nurturing environment through collective efforts in teams -you never know, you might end up developing solution to a real time problem that could be a revenue generating idea for a business.
- Hackerday is a platform to interact with people from different nations to stimulate creativity and connect with people who have different perspective to a given problem.
- Hackerday has several reciprocal benefits-
- Finding a job is easy as you can show experience working on various hands-on projects.
- Benefit from networking and peer-to-peer learning.
Who can join Hackerday?
Hackerday is for all professionals with some kind of programming experience –who have the enthusiasm to learn about the trending technologies, have desire to build something new and enjoy problem solving in the vicinity of skilled experts.
When does Hackerday start?
Gear up to start coding – July 11 th is the launch date for Hackerday!
What will be the schedule for Hackerday events?
Most of the hands-on coding and discussions that will take place at Hackerday are not bound by a strict schedule.
How do I register for Hackerday?
Register for Hackerday to build projects and upgrade your skills for a career changing experience. Register before 11th July to avail first month subscription free.