here are some good books
Oct 12 2015 08:33 AM
- Hadoop: The Definitive Guide by Tom White
- Map Reduce Design Patterns by Donald Miller and Adam Shook
- Hadoop in Action by Chuck Lam
- Hadoop in Practice by Alex Holmes
A slightly more advanced guide to running Hadoop. It includes chapters that detail how to best move data around, how to think in Map Reduce, and (importantly) how to debug and optimize your jobs.
- Pro Hadoop by Jason Venner
This A-Press book claims it will guide you through initial hadoop set up while also helping you avoid many of the pitfalls that usual Hadoop novices encounter. Again it is similar in contents to Hadoop in Action and The Definitive Guide
- Real World Hadoop Solutions Cookbook by Jonathan Owens, Brian Femiano & Jon Lentz
A book which aims to provide real-world examples of common hadoop problems. It also covers building integrated solutions using surrounding tools (hive, pig, girafe, etc)
- Hadoop Map Reduce Cookbook by Srinath Perera
- Instant Map Reduce Patterns by Srinath Perera
This book is built around seven map reduce ‘recipes’ to learn from. It aims to be a consise, practical guide to get you coding.